Perth is the largest city in Western Australia and the 4th largest city in Australia! Western Australia is the fastest growing state economy with the lowest unemployment rates. Perth itself is a really beautiful city with white sandy baeches and a fantastic waterside location. The population is circa 1.6million people with a large expat population, most of which are British and Irish! Whether you like shopping, walks along the beach, netball, rugby, surfing or scuba diving - Perth offers something for everyone!
My client is a large accountancy firm throughout Australia and has fantastic client experience. Many of the clients also work for the Big 4, so you will be gaining the same client portfolio but in a much less pressurised environment. This firm offers fantastic opportunities for training and development, and very much treats their staff like one big family! There is a real focus on a good work/life balance and as such, the team upholds a highly social environment with many sporting, charity and team bonding events frequently being held!
The role requires you to develop and maintain a client base through the provision of specialist tax knowledge and commitment to the core values of the team and company.
• You will work as part of a technical team providing services to clients in a variety of industries;
• Manage the preparation and reviewing of income tax returns, for a wide variety of clients, predominantly large corporate entities;
• Managing the preparation and review of tax effect accounting for financial reporting purposes;
• Ensure jobs are completed efficiently and effectively by meeting technical standards, deadlines and within job budget with complete working papers;
• Researching and preparing advice on various taxation issues including, but not limited to, taxation structuring, and capital gains tax issues including consideration of the broader professional and commercial context and implications of activities performed;
• Assist clients with the practical implementation of advice, in particular, undertaking procedures to implement structuring/restructuring advice;
• Manage staff workflow;
• Training, mentoring and appraising staff, to ensure KPI’s are achieved;
• Business development including networking, client presentations, proposals, identify opportunities to provide value added services and
• Interpreting complex legislation and communicating readily understandable, legally and commercially appropriate advice to clients.
• Minimum 3 years managerial, corporate tax experience in either the Big 4 or large mid-tier accounting firm;
• ACA/CTA qualification;
• In depth knowledge of income tax in both consulting and compliance for large and/or multinational corporations (including a sound understanding of tax effect accounting);
• Demonstrate an in depth knowledge in tax advisory including mergers and acquisitions and international restructures;
• Demonstrated ability to manage and lead a team;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills together with sound interpersonal skills;
• Experience working with Oil and Gas clients is an advantage;