Far more than just ticking boxes, our tax professionals use the full power of their questioning minds to advise our clients around the ever-shifting sands of tax. One thing is beyond question though: the effect of their advice helps our clients to grow beyond their boundaries.
If you’re an experienced tax advisor, with in-depth technical knowledge, excellent client relationship skills, intellectual rigour and stamina, you could be part of our global network, working in cross-functional teams across borders and industries.
How we work
Along with providing market-leading services, supporting an inclusive culture is just as vital when it comes to maintaining our competitive edge. Our diversity policy is an essential part of this, and we work hard to break down any barriers faced by both candidates and colleagues with disabilities. To achieve this, we have a dedicated team to ensure the recruitment process is as flexible as possible, and an array of support networks available once people have joined - all underpinned by thorough training of our management. Please visit ey.com/uk/diversity to find out more.
What you’ll do
Join us in an Indirect Tax role and you’ll:
• Contribute to the efficient and successful delivery of tax services to the client
• Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
• Build relationships both within the firm and externally with clients, identifying opportunities and managing expectations
• Contribute to winning new work by proactively managing existing clients and contribute to winning new clients
• Manage the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business-driven approach taken
• Be responsible for day-to-day client liaison
• Provide full tax services to a client portfolio.
What you need
We’re looking for people who are:
• Able to demonstrate relevant experience within Indirect Tax
• Technically strong - with awareness of a wide range of tax and accounting issues and able to demonstrate detailed knowledge where appropriate
• Professionally qualified - ACA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification)/ACCA/CTA
• Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
• Able to demonstrate strong technical skills and keen to develop further
• Able to identify areas of risk, carry out an effective review and know when to refer upwards
• Client focused and commercially aware
• Able to demonstrate relationship management skills with ability to manage client expectations
• Able to demonstrate project management skills, planning and prioritising work, meeting deadlines and monitoring own budget.
To find out how we can help you to grow beyond your boundaries, click on the apply link below.
Ernst & Young is 152,000 people, in 700 locations across 140 countries around the world. We work with our clients in advisory, assurance, transaction advisory services and tax. We’re united by shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our communities reach their potential.