In this role you work from Booking.com head office in Amsterdam and report directly to the company’s Senior Tax Manager.
The main focus of this position is managing all tax matters for Booking.com including the compliance with tax regulation in all countries where we operate as a business (approx. 40 subsidiaries next to our main operations in the Netherlands and the UK), the computation and payment of tax and the relationships with the company’s tax advisors.
The position is based at the global HQ at The Rembrandtplein in the centre Amsterdam. You will be part of the international Finance team of Booking.com (approx. 200 professionals, mostly based in Amsterdam) and will work closely with the finance and tax team of Priceline based in Norwalk, Connecticut.
The role involves interaction with our parent company (Priceline.com), our international offices, business managers, functional teams and other finance colleagues. Therefore it is essential that you have excellent management and communication skills in English.
Due to the rapid growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur. The role requires occasional travelling.
• Be involved in tax calculations for financial reporting purposes under US Gaap, NL Gaap and other Gaap;
• Monitor and maintain transfer pricing- and other tax compliance across the business;
• Support in implementing tax planning strategies;
• Contribute to tax awareness and appreciation within the group;
• Ensure compliancy with local rules and regulations;
• Project/coordination responsibilities;
• Answer daily ad-hoc tax issues, also in the area of VAT, Wage Tax, WHT;
• Coordinate the work of our tax advisors;
• Interface with outside advisors to manage Booking.com’s legal and tax structure;
• Willingness to travel.
• University degree in Tax Economics/Law
• Preferably 6-8 years of working experience within a big 4 and/or international environment
• Combination of experience with tax compliance/accounting is preferred.
• Excellent knowledge of the Dutch tax regulation
• Self starter, flexible, energetic, passionate, self-motivated, and results-oriented professional;
• Accurate, able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines, and comfortable working in a quick turnaround environment;
• Ability to think strategically, multi-task, and work effectively and efficiently with minimum direction;
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management;
• Ability to have good grasp of the detail whilst understanding the “big picture”, and to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously;
• Organised, proactive and results oriented;
• Ability to be either a hands-on deliverer
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English and (preferably) Dutch
Booking.com B.V., part of Priceline.com (Nasdaq: PCLN), owns and operates Booking.com™, the leading worldwide online hotel reservations agency by room nights sold, attracting over 30 million unique visitors each month via the Internet from both leisure and business markets worldwide.
Established in 1996, Booking.com B.V. guarantees the best prices for any type of property, ranging from small independent hotels to a five star luxury through Booking.com. The Booking.com website is available in 41 languages and offers over 195,808 hotels in 164 countries.
Booking.com B.V. is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and is supported internationally by offices in: Amsterdam - Athens - Auckland - Bangkok - Barcelona - Berlin - Bolzano - Brussels - Buenos Aires - Cambridge - Cape Town - Casablanca - Chicago - Copenhagen - Dubai - Dublin - Edinburgh - Grand Rapids - Helsinki - Hong Kong - Honolulu - Houston - Innsbruck - Istanbul - Kiev - Kuala Lumpur - Kuta (Bali) - Las Palmas de Gran Canaria - Las Vegas - Lille - Lisbon - London - Loulé (PT) - Lyon - Madrid - Málaga - Mexico City - Miami - Milano - Montréal - Moscow - Mumbai - Munich - Natal - New York - Nice - Norwalk - Orlando - Oslo - Paris - Prague - Riga - Rome - San Francisco - São Paulo - Seoul - Shanghai - Singapore - Stockholm - Sydney - Tokyo - Toronto - Vancouver - Venice - Vienna - Warsaw - Zagreb - Zürich.