Leading global firm seeks experienced VAT Consultant with fluent French or German to join their successful team inLuxembourg.
This firm is a global leader within its field and a topLuxembourgemployer offering excellent benefits and working culture as standard.
As part of the Indirect Tax group, you will provide indirect tax expertise to multinational corporations, encompassing:
* advise on indirect tax aspects of cross-border projects for multinational companies in respect of implementation of commissionaire structure and innovative schemes, expansion of business in new countries, mergers and acquisitions, global contracts and many other situations;
* advice on indirect tax issues relating to financial services, in particular matters linked to outsourcing and cross-border services in the asset management and banking sectors;
* advice on innovative property financing transactions and on major acquisition and disposal of real estate;
* pre and post completion indirect tax planning;
* indirect tax due diligence;
* support to multinational companies with their indirect tax reporting obligations and day-to-day operational issues.
As a member of the team of indirect tax professionals, offering a multidisciplinary approach to our clients, you will demonstrate a breadth of experience and a depth of understanding of complex indirect tax concepts enabling you to:
* manage and develop relationships with portfolio companies highlighting indirect tax planning opportunities;
* analyse potential acquisitions and make recommendations accordingly;
* participate in structuring large transactions relating to strategic acquisitions and divestitures, as part of a multidisciplinary team (attorneys, CFO's, corporate directors, accountants and tax professionals);
* manage client service teams and contribute to people development.
To apply for this position you must be able to demonstrate:
* You hold a university degree with 2.5 - 4years experience in Indirect Tax
* You will display excellent commercial, management and organizational skills, including strong writing, research and analytical skills,
* Fluency in either French & English or German & English
* You will be comfortable in multicultural environments built on a shared culture of team spirit, mutual respect and openness.